Friday, November 6, 2009

We Love These Lazy Fridays


Talia and I are having a rare stay-at-home day today. When I decided to go back to work half-time, I thought I was going to have all kinds of time on my hands. As it turns out, Talia sleeps away the afternoon so I try to be home right after lunch most days, so that only leaves 2 or 3 mornings a week, depending on my work schedule. One of these mornings is usually taken up with Talia's preschool program and a grocery run. Another is usually spent at the Doc's office, since between me being pregnant & Talia picking up every germ that goes through her daycare, we are regulars there. I try to keep the third morning for playdates and visiting, although it only happens every second week, and often something comes up. Like today, for example, when we were expecting Shaw anytime between 8 and noon, and the cable guy finally rolled in at 11:55.


(I don't know why I felt the need to appear cool for the cable guy, but I did my best to assure him that "we used to have digital cable, it's just that we moved out of the city, you see, and digital cable just made it to our tiny town....." and "oh, no, you don't have to hook up the VCR; we don't really use it anymore....." Yep, we've really leapt back into the '90s with the installation of our new digital box this morning. Which is approximately 1/6 the size of the original digital box we had the last time we had digital cable, lol.)


So now I have diapers in the wash, a relatively clean house (at least until El Destructo wakes up from her nap), 2 snoozing puppies, and lots of time to get supper ready. I'm not gonna lie to you; I'm putting my feet up and enjoying my life of luxury. At least until the washing machine beeps.

No comments: