Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Fifth Time's A Charm

Now that all our company/help is gone, we've settled into a nice little routine here. I get the triple nap out of these kids most days, which is a nice break even if I don't sleep myself. Talia has gone through a couple of stretches where she's a little hit and miss on the nap, but lately she's back to napping almost everyday. If she doesn't nap she stays in her bed for some quiet time, looking at books or playing with some quiet toys. Today Talia was up a little bit earlier than usual and looked completely exhausted all morning, so I thought the triple nap would be no problem today. After lunch I packed my 3 little Rainedrops away in their beds and settled down to have some lunch and catch up on the PVR. Within 10 minutes, all was quiet..... then the phone rang. By the time I got off the phone, Talia & Declan were having some kind of dance party in their room, and before too long I heard the pitter-patter of Talia's flat feet.

The first time she came out, I sent her back to her bed.

The second time she came out, she was wearing her shirt from this morning and pajama pants. I sent her back to bed.

The third time she came out, she was wearing pajama pants & a non-matching pajama shirt. I sent her back to bed.

The fourth time she came out, she was wearing a pajama shirt and 12 pairs of panties. I sent her back to bed.

The fifth time she came out, she was completely naked. I gave up completely and turned on Caillou. She laid down on the couch and was asleep within a minute. I'll take it.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Whatever works.

She doesn't quite have moderation figured out yet, eh? 12 pairs of panties followed by none... were the 12 pairs her entire wardrobe of panties, too?

T Mc Q said...

Almost, I think those were all the ones in her drawer.