Friday, April 16, 2010

Totally Random Updates


- Declan had his 2 month check up. He has gained over 4 lbs since birth and grown 2 inches. He's still only in the 25th percentile for height and weight, but seems huge compared to Talia at this age - he's wearing clothes she wore at 6 months. He's got 2 chins firmly in place and is working on a third.


- Talia made a plaster hand print at daycare, I cry everytime I look at it.

- I'm into my second week in my second season with the St. Adolphe Run Club. "Slow and steady wins the race" is a load of crap, but it does get you across the finish line, and that's what counts, right?


- I've met more people in this last 2 weeks than I have in the previous 3.5 years combined. Seriously. Want to meet new people? Have kids.


- Declan is proving to be an excellent crowd. He howls with laughter when I call him Deckie Weckie Woodle Toodles - which is a take on Daddy's childhood nickname, Chrissy Wissy Woodle Toodles. (Uh, don't mention to the big guy that I told you that, okay?)


- Tomorrow we get to go watch a bunch of accountants try to reclaim their youth at the annual hockey tournament. Last year the chirpy guy on Daddy's team almost started a brawl. (Yeah, a bunch of accountants, coming out swingin'. I wasn't really worried.) Talia is going to be cute as a button in her pink CCM sweat suit and hockey stick, and Declan has a dashing Team Canada onesie for the big occasion.


- We all seem to be on the first day of a bad cold, which sucks, but at least it's Friday. And since Talia is under the weather, the morning nap made a surprise appearance today! Hello, Morning Nap, my old friend. How I've missed you.


- I ordered birth announcements/thank you cards from Black's. I was super excited when they arrived in just 2 days, and super bummed when they were all screwed up and ridiculous. So if you're waiting to be thanked, or for an official announcement of The Goat's birth, keep waiting.


- We've settled into enough of a routine around here that I've read 1 entire book this last week, and am well into a second, both compliments of last weekend's Waffle Club. Ah, books without pictures. I've missed you, too.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like randoms.

"is a load of crap, but it does get you across the finish line..." - best. line. ever.

Deckie Weckie Woodle Toodles? Interesting. I'm glad that you included an explanation there. Was Tally "Tally Wally Woodle Toodles"?

Watching that particular brawl would have rocked. Maybe there will be another one this year!

It sucks that you're all getting sick, but naps rock! Hopefully this will be a swift cold.

The Goat?

What book are you reading now?

T Mc Q said...

No, Tally managed to escape that particular nickname. I don't think I even heard about it until just before D was born.

We call Declan The Goat because when he was brand-new, his cry sounded like a goat's.

I'm about 1/2 done The Book of Negroes. It is so, so, so, so, so, good. Heartbreaking but good.

Shannon said...

Would Chris be okay with it if I just shortened things down to C.dub.Woo-Too? We'll talk about it poolside this summer.