Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Random Updates

How can I live with this family of jokesters and have no good material for a blog post? Oh well. Here's what's new at the Raine Drop:

Talia
Talia is as crazy as her curls. She is getting to be such a big girl. We are getting ready for her to start Nursery School next week. She loves being outside, climbing, swinging, etc. but still does a bit of the Drunken Sailor while running around like a wild woman - just enough for me to get a glimpse of my baby girl every now and then. Today she spent the entire day with our friends and I missed her like crazy. I'm so lucky that I've had 2 extra mat leaves since she was born, I've gotten to spend so much time watching her grow up to this point.

Declan
Deckie Boy finally started walking last week! He's so cute toddling around all over the place. We call him "Dirty Shirt" because he hangs around everything Talia does. He loves his big sister and his little sister. I sometimes feel Ruby's life is in danger when Declan tries to "play" with her but he really is gentle and loving with her - as gentle and loving as an 18 month old daredevil can be, I suppose. He chatters away and loves to tell me "Noooooooooooooo!" in the sweetest, sassiest little voice you can imagine. He likes to team up with Talia to be a stinker - we are in all kinds of trouble when these kids are teenagers.

Ruby
Ruby is trying her hardest to get moving! She can pull herself short distances in this weird little army crawl, and also gets up on her knees. A baby that wants to move! Amazing. She seems to be more and more sensitive to dairy and soy, instead of growing out of it, which basically sucks. But we still have hope she'll grow out of it, and if not, hopefully she won't have an anaphylactic reaction to either. As more time passes since I last ingested dairy or soy, she is getting to be happier and happier. She is a really easy baby, loves to eat as much as her brother and sister did, and is already a couch potato.

Rainer
Rainer is super busy at work. You know what? July year-ends ruin your summer. Poor guy. But he is working hard for all of us and he is such an amazing Daddy and husband. We just wish we got to spend more time with him in July and August. He's hardly had time to have any fun in the pool he maintains or to play with the kids on the monstrosity of a playstructure that he built for them.

T McQ
I am really tired these days! We are so busy during the weekdays, trying to soak up every last bit of summer. I like to have the kids out and about - going to programs, playing outside, etc. It makes our days go fast and while it's taking its toll on me at this time of year, I keep pushing through because I know the -40 weather is coming!!! I'm still on my restricted diet for Ruby (the plus side to that is the positive impact it has on my waistline) and have started running to be ready for the Niverville 5k at the end of September. It will be my first race in a few years, and I'm pretty excited about it!

No comments: