Thursday, March 18, 2010

Grammie's Girl

Today's telephone conversation between Grammie and Talia:

Grammie: Hi there, Tally!
Talia: Mmm-hmmm?
Grammie: What are you doing today?
Talia: Mmm-hmmm?
Grammie: Did you have a good sleep?
Talia: YESH!
Grammie: What's Declan doing?
Talia: Brut-ter! Brut-ter!
Grammie: You're a good girl, Tally.
Talia: Do-da! (Dora)
Grammie: I'm going to see you soon, Tally!
Talia: Why?
Grammie: I'm coming to visit!
Talia: Why?
Grammie: Because it's Easter! I'm coming to your house!
Talia: NO!
Grammie: Don't you want me to come to your house?
Talia: No no no no no no no no no no no!!!!!!!!!
Grammie: (laughing)
Talia: (drops phone in dog bed and stalks off in a huff)


In other news, we brought the potty upstairs and have started reading books about the potty, sitting on the potty, and just generally talking about the potty. A lot. This is what all the prep has produced so far:


Talia loves to sit her babies on the potty and yell "STINKY!!" Here's hoping she starts setting herself there sometime soon. You know, Talia is pretty clearly Grammie's girl. 30 years ago, I was also Grammie's girl, and MY Grammie trained me in a weekend. Any chance of history repeating itself during our upcoming visit, Grammie?

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

haha - Awesome phone call! Love the toddler ending...

And good luck on the potty training front. I'm not entirely certain how, but Chris and I potty trained Chelsea right after Gavin was born.

Jaclyn and Devan Swallom said...

Oh my gosh. I love reading your blog. You and Talia both make me laugh so hard.